Design Submissions: Legal Terms & Conditions
By submitting a design (the “Design”) for the consideration of TYPOGRAPHIA DPT - PRINT & SUPPLY LDA., commercially designated under TYPOGRAPHIA™, its affiliates and parents (collectively “TYPOGRAPHIA”), will study your Design for its potential use and sale, to be printed onto t-shirts and be sold in local shops and online, you agree to the following terms and conditions (the “Design Submissions Terms and Conditions”):
- The Design is your own original work and does not contain any trademarks, logos, copyrighted material or any other intellectual property belonging to any third party, or content subject to a third party’s right of publicity or privacy.
- The Design does not infringe any rights (including but not limited to copyright) of any third party.
- You represent and warrant that you have the full right, power and authority to enter into the Design Submission Terms and Conditions and that your agreement to them does not violate any agreement you have entered into with a third party. If you have entered into an agreement with any third party concerning the Design or any other artwork you must promptly notify TYPOGRAPHIA.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless TYPOGRAPHIA, and sub-licensees (each an “Indemnified Party”) from and against any and all third party claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs) arising out of or relating to an Indemnified Party’s use of the Design (including reproducing, distributing, adapting, and displaying the design) and/or a breach or alleged breach of the Design Submission Terms and Conditions by you, including paragraphs 1-3 above.
- As agreed between you and TYPOGRAPHIA, you own and will maintain ownership of the Design. TYPOGRAPHIA does not and will not own the Design as a result of your submission of the Design. The Design Submissions Terms and Conditions, including this provision, supersede any prior oral or written agreement between you and TYPOGRAPHIA with respect to the Design.
- You hereby grant TYPOGRAPHIA a worldwide, non-exclusive, right and license to use, upload, modify, reproduce, copy, exhibit, create derivative works of, distribute, sell, advertise, and display the Design, in any manner now known or hereafter devised. This license may be sub-licensed by TYPOGRAPHIA to others. You waive any “moral rights” you may have in the Design.
- You also grant TYPOGRAPHIA a worldwide, non-exclusive, right and license to use, portray, display and publish your name, appearance, voice, likeness, photographic image, and biographical information, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised. This license may be sub-licensed by TYPOGRAPHIA to others.
- You may request, subject to TYPOGRAPHIA’s approval, to revoke the licenses granted in paragraphs 6 and 7 of these Design Submission Terms and Conditions (collectively, the “Non-Exclusive Licenses”) by providing express written notification of your request for revocation of the Non-Exclusive Licenses to TYPOGRAPHIA at the following email address: email@example.com. Any such request for revocation of the Non-Exclusive Licenses must contain the design's title and URL. If such request for revocation of the Non-Exclusive Licenses is approved by TYPOGRAPHIA, termination of the Non-Exclusive Licenses will become effective twelve (12) months following TYPOGRAPHIA expresses written acceptance of the request for revocation.
- Upon TYPOGRAPHIA’s actual receipt of a notice of revocation of the Non-Exclusive Licenses, the Non-Exclusive Licenses shall terminate; provided, however, TYPOGRAPHIA and any sub-licensees and wholesale parties that sell the Design under TYPOGRAPHIA’s authorization may, at their discretion, sell through any items in their possession bearing the Design, and advertise and promote the same, until such time as the inventory of such products is exhausted. TYPOGRAPHIA also may terminate the Non-Exclusive Licenses by providing written notice to you, using the email address provided by you, of TYPOGRAPHIA’s election to terminate the Non-Exclusive Licenses. Upon dispatch of TYPOGRAPHIA’s notice of termination, the Non-Exclusive Licenses shall terminate; provided, however, TYPOGRAPHIA and any sub-licensees and wholesale parties that sell the Design under TYPOGRAPHIA’s authorization, may, at their discretion, sell through any items in their possession bearing the Design and advertise and promote the same, until such time as the inventory of such products is exhausted.
TYPOGRAPHIA will pay the price agreed with each artist after the submitted design is approved by our art direction. This payment is done once TYPOGRAPHIA team receive the final art file. The flat fee payment will be made via PayPal. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if there are further questions or concerns regarding payment.
TYPOGRAPHIA’s use of the Design and its payments to you are subject to your representation that you own the Design and that the Design does not infringe any third party’s legal rights.
- You alone will be responsible for the payment of any tax that arises as a result of receiving any payment from TYPOGRAPHIA, its subsidiaries, related companies, partners, or licensors.
- You acknowledge that TYPOGRAPHIA may decline to select the Design, exclude the Design from consideration, or take down the Design from TYPOGRAPHIA local shops for any reason, at any time, and in its sole discretion and that the decisions of TYPOGRAPHIA are final and binding.
By submitting your Design, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to these Design Submission Terms and Conditions. Your agreement with TYPOGRAPHIA is governed by the common Law of the European Union.
TYPOGRAPHIA may, in its discretion, change these Design Submissions Terms and Conditions at any time and such changes shall be effective immediately. It is your responsibility to review any changes to the Design Submission Terms and Conditions. The lack of providing a notice of revocation of the Non-Exclusive License shall signify your agreement to any such revised terms and conditions.